Summer is almost here! The days are getting longer and the sun is shining! While it’s good to get your daily dose of vitamin C, it’s important to make sure you’re practicing sun safety.
Protecting yourself from the sun by wearing sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30, wearing long-sleeved shirts, and a wide-brimmed hat, will help you avoid the sun’s harmful rays.
- Try to avoid the sun between 10 am and 4 pm, when the sun’s rays are the strongest
- Use sun protection even on cloudy days. I’ve experienced many a sunburn in the past on overcast days
It’s fun to be outside, enjoying the sun and outdoor activities, but you also want to make sure you:
- Take breaks inside to cool off when needed
- Schedule outdoor activities early in the morning or later in the day
- Keep an eye on pets, children, and the elderly when it’s hot outside
- Provide plenty of water and other healthy beverages to keep everyone hydrated
Here’s hoping all of you have a safe and happy summer!
Take care of yourself, be nice to yourself, and be well. And until next time – veg in, don’t veg out!
Want more great health and wellness tips? Sign up for my monthly newsletter. Just go to http://www.thecaringcoachingcenter.com and click on the newsletter link.