As a Certified Health Coach, I see so many people confused about what to eat, what not to eat, how much to eat, when to eat, where to exercise, how long to exercise and so on and so on.
KEEP CALM!!! Here’s the thing. There are a lot of things that can be debated about health and wellness, but, while we are debating, let’s not lose sight of the easy and important things that you can and should be doing every day to ensure proper health and safety.
Let’s get back to basics:
- Practice regular physical activity. Forget training for a marathon, get out and walk, 30 minutes a day is ideal
- Follow good oral hygiene; brush and floss daily and keep up with regular visits to the dentist
- Don’t smoke!
- Adopt sensible sun protection/safety practices
- Wear your seat belt!
- Keep the number for poison control handy (1-800-222-1222)
- Properly install, test, and maintain smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Evaluate your home for risk of falls and other injuries
- Get enough sleep!
- Don’t forget to breathe
There you have it. Did I miss any? Post a comment and let me know! Want more tips like these? Visit my website, http://www.thecaringcoachingcenter.com and sign up for my monthly newsletter.
Take care of yourself, be nice to yourself, and be well.
And until next time…veg in, don’t veg out!