The Grapefruit Diet. Jenny Craig. Weight Watchers. The Cabbage Soup Diet. The Hot Dog and Ice Cream Diet.
STOP THE MADNESS!
Have you been on more than one diet…at a time? I have! I’ve tried them all and then some. I am now on a new diet and I’m confident that it is the last diet I will ever need, so I’m sharing it with all of you.
First off, I have completely changed my definition of “diet”. When I talk about my diet I am not talking about a regimented eating plan, I am talking about the way I eat every day. Diets don’t work because they are rooted in deprivation and making you feel bad. My new “diet” is essentially just my new way of eating.
Here’s the diet:
1. STOP EATING CRAP! Seriously, step away from the Devil Dogs and pick up a banana!
2. Eat when you’re hungry, stop eating when you’re full. Sound simple? Yes, it does, but it’s so hard to do. Practice mindful eating, that is, pay attention to how your body feels. If you feel like the button on your pants is going to pop off and knock someone’s eye out, you’ve eaten too much. Stop before you get to that point.
3. Don’t eat distracted. Turn off the TV, put down your iPhone, seriously, nothing is that critical, and focus on eating. Stop multitasking while you eat.
4. Focus on clean eating. Eat real food with ingredients you can pronounce. If you don’t recognize an ingredient, your body won’t either.
5. Be sure to treat yourself every so often. If you follow the 90/10 diet, you’re essentially eating healthy 90% of the time, and splurging on goodies 10% of the time. It’s okay to have a treat every now and again, but you can’t have a treat every day because then, they are no longer treats! Birthday cake is supposed to be a treat…not dinner on a random Tuesday night!
Don’t make things more complicated than they need to be. Eat when you’re hungry, stop when you’re full, stop eating crap, and treat yourself once in a while.
Take Care of Yourself, be Nice to Yourself and Be Well!
And until next time, veg in, don’t veg out.
Want to get your diet, your body, and your life in shape? Contact me TODAY for your free health consultation, http://www.thecaringcoachingcenter.com